From Indie Retro News
We don’t often feature Amiga competitions, purely focused on the Amstrad, C64 and ZX Spectrum. But that’s all about to change as we’ve been contacted by DamienD that the EAB forums are running a competition for the Amiga called the EAB GameDev Competition. This competition is for game developers from around the world to create a game of their choosing, and is a 6 month development cycle from the competition starting point to end. See the rules below for further details – Good luck!
1. Single hardware category. Submission should mention target hardware (OCS 1Mb,AGA,Anything) and judges may take into consideration appropriate use of resources when scoring.
2. Games must be a substantially new work for the competition. Significant reused game elements (eg graphics, audio) are permitted and should be declared such that the judges can identify the original work done for the competition.
3. Judgement will be made on the publicly available submission (That is, what the judges play is the same as what anyone else following the competition can play).
4. The competition will last 6 months from the official start date, and final submissions must be made by 23:59 UTC on the last day.
5. Team entries are permitted, with team size being declared. A single contact point should be provided.
The competition makes no claim to ownership, licencing or distribution rights, which belong to their respective owners. Submitting an entry to the competition expressly grants the competition organisers the right to distribute the entry for purposes of the competition only.
Judging criteria will be on “best game”. Judges may consider the amount of reused material and technical proficiency.
Submissions must be in the form of a disk image (or images) playable on both emulated and real hardware, according to the stated target hardware configuration. Instructions, etc, to be provided as necessary, as determined by the submitter. An archive in a standard format (eg lha) suitable for harddisk installation is also acceptable.
Prizes will be distributed thus:
1st place = 55%
2nd place = 30%
3rd place = 15%
Links :1) Source
Original URL: https://www.indieretronews.com/2018/08/eab-gamedev-competition-is-launched.html