From Indie Retro News
Chumbosoft may well be on their way to creating the next best thing in the RPG genre with Heartbeat! Soon to have a full release on September 14th, you can grab a work in progress demo now for Windows systems.
After a great war between humans and Mogs, the world you dwell in lives in a constant state of uncertainty and danger. As a Conjurer, a human marked by Mogs, it is your duty to maintain the peace and ensure balance between all who share the earth beneath your feet.
You are Eve Staccato, a simple Conjurer from a small mountain town. What starts out as a simple errand from your grandfather ends up becoming an adventure full of both wonder and peril. You will meet new friends and foes as you take on this strange and transcendent journey.
The demos have been extremely well received. Influences of Pokémon and Digimon are often brought up about the game, but the overall execution, story writing and livelihood greatly distinguish Heartbeat from being a spiritual-incarnation game. Instead, it offers up a fresh new world to explore with cleverly written dialogue and well developed gameplay that you can influence based on your actions.
- 15+ hours of a character-driven story that comes with multiple endings and a post-game.
- Explore a vast world with a huge cast of Mogs and humans you can befriend!
- Allies assist you on and off the battlefield with skills to navigate through puzzles and uncover secrets.
- From fishing to card-collecting, you can indulge in some respite if your heart wills it.
- Sidequests provide you with a deeper understanding of the game’s lore… and they give out unique rewards to boot!
- Fight through the arena and endurance modes to really test your skills.
- Raise a magical baby moth and customize them according to your play-style by feeding them special enemy drops.
- Over 100+ unique enemies to encounter and battle!
- Original battle soundtrack (and more) by harmonicblend!
Heartbeat is currently available as a work in progress demo for Windows platforms. Official release is September 14, 2018 and will be available for Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
Original URL: https://www.indieretronews.com/2018/09/grab-this-demo-for-incredible-rpg.html