“Bring back the tradition of telling ghost stories at Christmas!”
“You know what this Christmas party needs? Ghost stories.”
“Why does Nightmare Before Christmas have to be a Halloween or Christmas movie? Why can’t it be both?”
Immortal Works has heard your pleas and we are excited to announce our latest anthology, A Haunted Yuletide, slated for publication December 2020. And we need your submissions! We’re looking for stories that send shivers up and down your spine and make you want to check under your bed for monsters. We want stories that will make you afraid to to go sleep on Christmas Eve, because who is this Santa person, really? Tell us about the family home in New England where Aunt Enid is buried under the floor. We want to know about the ghost of that little kid who keeps hanging around the bakery downtown. In addition, please note the following:
- Contributions should be short stories (between 1,000 and 10,000 words in length) that include ghosts and Christmas, although other winter solstice holidays will be welcome also (Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc).
- Stories should adhere to Immortal Works’ submission guidelines, i.e. they should be free from graphic sexuality, gory violence, and use of the f-word.
- Send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in .docx format, and put Haunted Yuletide in the subject line.
- Use the standard Shunn short story format (found here: https://www.shunn.net/format/story.html)
- The submission deadline is midnight (MST) on 29 February, 2020.
The editors of A Haunted Yuletide will be Jay and Julie Barnson. Jay Barnson is the author of the BloodCreek novel series. His short stories have appeared in numerous anthologies and magazines. Julie Barnson is a professional storyteller of the oral tradition who has spent years terrifying audiences with her ghost stories. She knows about the things that go bump in the night.
As compensation authors will receive a percentage of royalties and an ebook copy of the anthology.
Original URL: http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=12252